PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE MAKING YOUR APPOINTMENT TO BE CLEARED FOR VOLUNTEERING IN OUR SCHOOLS OR ATTEND FIELD TRIPS.
The Mt. Diablo Unified School District appreciates your dedication to the students of our community. Thank you for volunteering.
CURRENT VALID PHOTO I.D. REQUIRED
FOR VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS IN SPANISH, CLICK HERE
- TB CLEARANCE: Contact your physician for a current tuberculosis (TB) clearance, required by law. If you do not have a physician, you can contact U.S. Health Works. (in Spanish) Please visit the attached link for Tuberculosis Risk Assessment, a three page form from the California Department of Public Health, which may be an option in lieu of a skin test (your physician will determine). Please allow for the 48 hour reading requirement if a skin test is necessary. Proof of TB clearance cannot be older than 60 days from your fingerprint appointment. Please note, TB clearance must be renewed every four years.
- REQUIRED FORMS: Download & complete our Livescan application or Livescan -Spanish application and Volunteer Request form or Volunteer Request-Spanish form and bring with you to your appointment. If you are unable to print these documents, they are also made available at your appointment.
- MAKE YOUR FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT ONLINE: There is no cross-agency reciprocity when it comes to checking and monitoring fingerprinted individuals, so you must be fingerprinted specifically for MDUSD. The district office is open during the summer months and welcomes appointments. Waiting until the start of the school year can delay your clearance due to the overwhelming number of parents seeking fingerprint appointments. At times, it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to be fingerprinted at our district office. If you need to be fingerprinted sooner than what is available, you are welcome to use an Outside "Livescan" Agency (see instructions below).
- BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Completed forms (Livescan application and Volunteer Request Form)
- Current VALID ID - Acceptable list is available in the link above.
- PAYMENT - $32.00 EXACT CASH ($49 if you have lived in CA less than one year as FBI check is required)
- Current TB clearance (dated within 60 days of your fingerprint appointment)
After reading the instructions above:
**Please click here to access our fingerprint appointment system**
**OUTSIDE AGENCY LIVESCAN OPTION**
If you choose to use an outside agency for fingerprinting due to wait times at the district office, please click here for a short list of "Livescan" options, however any "Livescan" service location is acceptable. You must complete and bring with you to your appointment the Request for Livescan Service Application (in Spanish). Once you’ve been fingerprinted, you will need to return the following to our district office in order to be cleared to volunteer:
- The completed Livescan application (they provide a copy to you)
- Your current TB clearance
- The completed Volunteer Request form (in Spanish)
You will not be added to our master list of school volunteers until ALL required documents have been returned to the district office, and your fingerprints have been cleared by the Department of Justice, which can take 1-30 days.
Completed forms and all other volunteer related documents can be faxed to (925) 676-4092, sent by US Mail or delivered to our district office located at 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, CA 94519.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call (925) 682-8000 ext. 4176 or email email@example.com.
MDUSD extends a huge thank you to all of our volunteers who give their time to support our students.